Wednesday, February 10, 2010

New Photo Class- Assignment #1...

Or appropriately called "the Over/Under" assignment. Since this was the first assignment, our instructor wanted us to pick several subjects. With each subject he wanted us to make a correct exposure, than an over exposure (too much light), and an under exposure (too little light) to make sure that we knew how to use the manual controls on our cameras. We then developed the film, first creating a contact sheet (or in other words an index print) and then one 5x7 print. I shot at Deep Wood manor in Salem, as did the majority of the class (we had a field trip). The teacher liked my work over all, but said that my negatives were a little thin (not as dark as they should be) so he believes that my camera meter is off just a bit, but also thinks it was effected by the overcast day. He wasn't too concerned though. The last time I was in a darkroom developing and printing my own stuff was in 2004. It feels really good to be doing it again. I catch myself remembering little things that I had completely forgotten about. When I was putting my film on the reel before it was developed, I was only in there for about 2 minutes! Which was surprising to me that I could figure it out that quickly after sooooo long. I love being in the darkroom! So here is the contact sheet, as well as the 5x7 that I printed.

No comments:

Post a Comment