Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Festival of Nativities

We have been so very busy this Decemeber, as is to be expected this time of year. I have finally uploaded our pictures for the month and decided it was time for a new post (or several). I will start with the Festival of Nativites, which is held in Vancouver, Washington every Decemeber. My husband and I went when we first started dating in 2005. So its kind of a tradtion (I think we've only missed one year since then). So here are some of this years favorites! My favorite is the one above. It is probably about 2 1/2 feet tall.

This hand-carved nativity is Kirk's favorite. We both enjoy how Joseph is holding the babyI like the vibrant colors of this one.Russian Nesting DollsYes this is a nativity made out of rocks. Very clever idea.This one amazes me!Another hand-carved nativity.This tapestry was so large, and very beautiful! The picture doesn't do it justice.Polar bear nativityChicken nativity..... I was a bit shocked by this one.This is one of the snowman nativities that were there. There was probably about 5 or 6 different ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment