So here's the story. On Sunday, the 6th of June, I woke up at my normal time to start getting ready for church. When I first went into the bathroom to take a shower, I decided it was time to do my monthly ritual of taking a pregnancy test (yes I said MONTHLY). So I took it and got in the shower. When I got out, I looked at the test. I saw one very solid line (which is the line that shows up very brightly as a NO with all the other tests) and then one very, and I mean VERY, faint line. This is the conversation that followed (oh and this conversation was very calm, pretty much no emotion):"Honey, can you come here for a sec,"-me
"What?"-hubby walking into the bathroom
"Take a look at this,"-me, just pointing at the test.
"What does that mean?"-hubby with a confused/shocked look on his face.
"I don't know,"-me, just as shocked and confused as hubby.
Now before I go on I should tell you that at this point we were starting to think we weren't ever going to get pregnant on our own, and we were planning on calling fertilization specialists once we got back from Utah. I had talked to my doctor several times in the last 2ish years, and we were at the point where she couldn't help us anymore. Okay, so on with the conversation."Well, take another test."-hubby
"I don't have another test."-me
"What?!'- hubby looking through my drawer. On finding no other tests, he looked at me and said, "Well, I guess I will wake up extra early tomorrow and run to the store."
"I can run to the store in the morning, because you already wake up early enough."-me
"Okay. Be sure to get the nice digital kind that just say Pregnant or Not Pregnant."-hubby
"Good idea,"-me
And then we continued to get ready for church. Now, the whole time we were getting ready we were thinking and talking about how a bunch of our family were coming over for dinner that night, and how we would have to sit through 3 hours of church with out telling ANYONE, because, well lets face it, we were in denial after 2 years of negative answers. So Sunday continued as normal, and we hosted dinner just fine.
Monday morning- I woke up at 6 and ran to Safeway. I bought those nice digital tests (and doughnuts) and drove home. When I got there I went straight to the bathroom, took the test, and waited impatiently for the answer. It read PREGNANT, I started crying, hubby gave me hugs, and then he got ready for work and I ate a doughnut. When he left, I called my parents right away and told them the news, Dad said he knew it, mom sounded excited. That day Kirk told his family. We wanted to wait to tell my brothers until we were in Utah. I took the second test later that afternoon, just for kicks. It also said PREGNANT. 3 days later we left for Utah. My brother's and their families were excited. When we got back home I bought one more box of 2 tests (because I wasn't feeling sick or anything and it was freaking me out), both were positive.
July 23rd- I had my first doctor's appointment. She couldn't find the heartbeat because the baby was hanging out to low. So we had a quick ultra sound. We saw the baby, and its heart bumping, but the doctor wasn't happy with the clarity so she moved to see if she could get a better look. Sadly there were no better looks. But we knew there was a living baby in there so that was good =)
NOW- Last week we went in for our 20 week screening, where we found out we are having a GIRL. Her heart rate was about 153, and everything looked great! She is due around the end of January. We are in the process of re-organizing the house, and I am still feeling good (no sickness or nothing) just tired. This has been one of those life-altering moments where we have realized, yet again, just how blessed we really are. I know that Heavenly Father is fully in charge of the time table, and that He knows us each individually, and blesses us according to our needs. =)
Thanks for sharing your experiences :) It's always so wonderful to read about blessings! I hope your whole pregnancy runs smoothly- I never had any morning sickness either, though I didn't have an appetite the first trimester either...
ReplyDeleteSo fun to read what happened! LOVE how you ate a donate after getting the digital confirmation
ReplyDelete